Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Europe Countdown T minus 3 Days

I'm still confused about how I should count down the days. Should I count down to my departure date? If so, then T minus 2 days, but if we go by arrival, then it is 3 days.

This evening, I enjoyed myself thoroughly at the lovely Cafe Montmarte. Half-priced bottles of wine can not be beat, especially when accompanied by live jazz. An added element to the evening was running into an old lady-friend of mine. It was lovely to see her again and she gave me a good tip on a Croatian town on the Adriatic to visit.

My next few days will consist of work, a haircut, more work, moving, a TAA meeting, more moving, alcohol, and a bus to Chicago. It is then, dear friends, that I shall depart for Europe - never to return to you in the same state that I have left. That state, of course, consists in part of never having been east of Barcelona. But, come May 1st, that shall all change, I will emerge a new, and slightly more beer-gutted man after my time in Deutsch land.

No comments: