Saturday, May 12, 2007

Oh, where to travel...

If you are so inclined, check out some of options and plans for travel this summer. I have some decisions to make.

I've started a free intro German class that the University here offers. Its not exactly what I was looking for as it seems to have the goal of actually teaching me German, where as I just want to know enough phrases and understand enough to be able to interact in shops, etc. But I guess I can try to pick that up on my own. It also seems much to slow and easy. I missed the first two classes, and so I joined it on Friday (that's another problem, class on Tuesday and Friday evenings - and I plan on doing a lot of Friday traveling) and well, I was bored. Yes, I do speak another foreign language, but Spanish is nothing like German and there are only 7 people in the class and it is sooo slow. The instructor actually pulled me aside and asked if I already knew some German as it was quite apparent that it was a cake-walk for me. I of course, know no German and told her that, its just ridiculous that we spent two hours learning how to introduce yourself, say where your from, what languages you speak, where you live (and ask those questions or say that info about someone) and learning numbers. But, beggars can't be...

Other things of note, they've got an H&M here. 70 Euro suits and cheap jeans, capri pants, and shorts here I come. It's interesting, the suits, jeans, shorts, pants and coat styles are all ok, but the shirts just suck. They're either absurdly plane - single color or polos with a few dull stripes - or they have stupid things printed on them. Well, I guess I'll have plenty of time to find stylin' shirts during my travels.

No comments: