Thursday, May 10, 2007

A quick update

I had a very frustrating morning today. First, somehow the bathroom that I share with one other fellow at the boardinghouse was apparently locked from the inside. So, I suffered for a while when I woke up at 3 am having to pee. Got that taken care of though... But I had to wait until about 9:30 am to take a shower, which is when the owner arrived with the master key to open the bathroom up.

Then, as I was riding my very old bike (bought by Bjorn from a police auction for 5 Euro and last used by Rafael when he was here last year) into the lab this morning, the back tire decided to shift suddenly and lodge against the frame. So I had to walk it about 15 minutes, all the while lifting the back wheel, to a bike shop to get the proper wrenches to fix it. So, I arrived at the lab at 11:15, a bit later than usual.

I've decided not travel anywhere this weekend, but as next Thursday is a holiday, apparently their Father's day, I'm taking next Friday off and heading down to Vienna for a nice 4 day weekend. If anyone has any particular tasks, errands, treasure hunts, or double dares for me to do in Vienna, I'm willing to accept. However, challenges such as: "Walk around in a T-shirt that says 'I Love George W. Bush,'" will be rejected without further consideration (Shirt's reading: "Arnold is a surprisingly effective deal-maker and delegator of authority," will be given due consideration). I am willing to accept amusing and slightly demeaning challenges though. Proof of completion will come courtesy my new digital camera.

No comments: